50 cents 1972
Image of the coin
The date on the image can be different from the year selected.
50 cents 1972 prices and values
Depending on its condition, its scarcity, supply and demand and errors and varieties, the value of a 50 cents 1972 varies. Below, the details of the value of the coin according to its grade. To help you to know the meaning of grades such as G4, VG8, F12, VF20, EF40, AU50, MS60, etc., you can jump to the grading section.
50 cents 1972 values of circulating coins1
|1972||-||-||-||-||-||$ 0.50||$ 0.60|
50 cents 1972 values of uncirculated coins2
|1972||$ 1.30||$ 3.40||$ 5.50||$ 14||$ 57||$ 130||-|
50 cents 1972 PL3
|1972||-||-||-||$ 3.00||$ 6.70||$ 40||$ 62|
50 cents 1972 SP3
|1972||-||-||-||-||$ 13||$ 16||$ 19|
You can view the average prices of certified 50 cents 1972 sold on ebay »
More errors and varieties
|50 cents 1972 - Missing letters (#1659)||Weak Strike|
|50 cents 1972 - Dots in the queen's hair (#1758)||Dots|
- 50 cents 1972 : 2 515 632
- Alloy: 100% nickel
- Weight: 8.10 grams
- Diameter : 27.13 mm, thickness 1.93 mm
- Engraver: Obverse: Arnold Machin, Walter Ott, Reverse: Thomas Shingles
- Designer: Obverse: Arnold Machin, Walter Ott, Reverse: Thomas Shingles
- Edge: Reeded
- Magnetism: Magnetic
- Die axis: ↑↑
- - : indicates that there's no value attributed to this grade.
- : indicates that the value is going down.
- : indicates that the value is going up.
- The value of a 50 cents 1972 circulating coin generally concerns coins with an apparent wear due to the circulation. These coins rarely retain their original luster.
- The value of a 50 cents 1972 uncirculating coin generally concerns coins without visible wear. These coins generally retain their original luster.
- PL and SP coins come from uncirculated sets. They are made with a better quality than coins destined to the circulation.
- The values displayed on this page are in Canadian dollars.
Last update : Friday, July 19, 2013