Pure Nickel Canadian 1$ Hockey Coin Any Info Apreciated.

General discussions about canadian coins.
CdN$$Collector

Pure Nickel Canadian 1$ Hockey Coin Any Info Apreciated.

Post by CdN$$Collector » Sun May 24, 2020 12:48 pm

Hi everybody,hope everyone is Healthy and well :/ Recently I've been looking threw old stuff too keep myself busy as you may all have experienced XD and fell upon A 2008 RCMC Pure Nickel One Dollar Coin With the Montreal Canadian Logo . The coin itself is embeded a NHL Hockey puck! It's very a Very Cool Item to have I guess.But I can't get no darn info on the thing ,I'd like to know how many coins were strucked at least lol something ,tyvm for your time .C$$C

GBELEC

Re: Pure Nickel Canadian 1$ Hockey Coin Any Info Apreciated.

Post by GBELEC » Sun May 24, 2020 1:41 pm

Welcome to the site CdN$$Collector, dont know that i can help you much but i take it this is a colored coin. I believe they produced a coin that year for all of the Canadian NHL teams. sorry my coin book has no mintage of that coin but hopfully some one out there can provide more info. I'm thinking the embedding in a puck was not done by the RCM

coinguy

Post by coinguy » Sun May 24, 2020 3:04 pm

What you have is an official RCM Licensed product. They were issued in 2008, 2009 by the RCM and included all six of the Canadian NHL teams. The dollar coin was imbedded in an official NHL hockey puck and came in a blister pack.
If you have it with the original packaging, then it could be worth over $100.00. I'm sorry but I can't give you the mintage. The RCM was issuing on demand (Guess they didn't want to get stuck with a bunch of pucks) so everywhere I look it just says mintage N/A

GBELEC

Post by GBELEC » Sun May 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Thanks for the info coinguy, didn’t know the RCM sold pucks to :D . You can see why I read everything but don’t normally give advise.

CdN$$Collector

Post by CdN$$Collector » Mon May 25, 2020 12:38 am

Thx Guys i appreciated it XD and I look forward Messin arround with our Hobbies..I managed to find a few interesting sites where one guy States it's Rare and a Mintage of Low 60's...that's pretty crazy if it's true,he was selling it Withouth the Puck for over 300.00...After more searching I found one that was sold for 350 puck and enclosed packaging.would be pretty cool to Get all of them haha ..trying to find more for sale theres none Lots of Maple Leafs Though lol

altakid

Post by altakid » Thu May 28, 2020 7:10 pm

Coins of Canada 37th Edition 2019 Page 230 says 326 minted ( Coin & stick ) Issue price 24.95, Value 25