1991 roll

NICKEL-TRADER

1991 roll

Post by NICKEL-TRADER » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi, hope all is well with all. Looking for some thoughts on what to do with my roll of 91 quarters. Should I break the roll open, inspect for errors and place in 2x2's and sell? Should I send one to a TPG and certify to ascertain grade then sell or leave the roll intact and sell? I've never sold a coin in the 30 years I've been in the hobby and it seems none of the members in my family are overly interested so its best I start selling some of my collection now. Some time ago there was speculation that there was two rim varieties of the 91 quarter a narrow and a wide rim but I don't know if there was anything to come of it perhaps someone can shed some light on the topic, I see C&C lists some doubling errors. Thanks in advance to any who can contribute to this topic. Keith.

pmcoins

Re: 1991 roll

Post by pmcoins » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:30 pm

Keith

The great thing with the shrink wrap tubes is you can gently remover the coins without damaging the tube. So I would take the 40 coins out, see if you have anything special and then re-package and sell as a roll. Of course you are going to do better if you sell one by one. With this virus going around, that would keep you busy on Ebay for a few days as all the up coming shows have been cancelled. Good luck on the roll.