Does anyone know anywhere I can get a $50 devil face note?

General discussions about canadian banknnotes.
Sp3nc3r

Does anyone know anywhere I can get a $50 devil face note?

Post by Sp3nc3r » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:39 am

I’ve been looking for almost a month and still can’t find one with a reasonable price.

coinguy

Re: Does anyone know anywhere I can get a $50 devil face note?

Post by coinguy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:24 am

Colonial Acres in Kitchener have two for sale on their website, a VF and an EF.

Nota_phil

Post by Nota_phil » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:19 am

It will depend on a lot of factors including minimum grade acceptable (which you haven't stated), eye appeal, original (or not), etc. The higher/stricter your requirements could make your pursuit either easy or or more difficult. Since the pandemic, everything has become a bit more dear but a lot of notes began to appear as collectors passed away. However, the market has also softened considerably so now may be a good time to buy. The problem is: many know that the market is soft so they won't sell (or let go) desirable items like they will for the more common garden varieties (or later series). This is IMO but I feel the market has shrunk somewhat.

I waited (& searched) for 2-3 years before the pandemic for some gaps to fill in my 1954 DF & earlier sets & my requirements were simply good eye appeal, TPG above VF30 & Original (Or EPQ).

I would try posting an ad on the CPMF Trading Post:
https://cdnpapermoney.com/index.php?PHP ... board=34.0

I would also keep searching both ebay as well as the CDN & US auction houses (for World currency). Many US collectors call world currency "Foreign," & while they like the first 3 series they often won't go for lower graded notes. I don't know where you are from but if you have a coin dealer you can get to know, that can also help as they will actively search for you.
Join the journey: check out Notaphilyc Culture:
https://sites.google.com/view/notaphily ... -banknotes

TBH

Post by TBH » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:43 am

There's always at least fifty on eBay at all times.
You haven't been looking long enough, a month is a very short time, or you have unrealistic expectations price-wise.