1954 $2 and 1967 $1... Looking for help.

General discussions about canadian banknnotes.
CDNMace

1954 $2 and 1967 $1... Looking for help.

Post by CDNMace » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:48 pm

Is there a paper guru out there who could tell me what I have here? (I'm assuming face value) but I can't seem to find match-up the serial numbers, for the two in particular, on any online resource guides.

$1: L/O 8358431 Beattie/Rasminsky (I've come to the conclusion this is a face value note).

$2: C/G 6492149 Bouey/Rasminsky (Cannot find the prefix C/G. Which leads me to conclude it is another face value situation).

I've also looked at examples of the 'Devil's Face' online. Truth be known, I just don't see it in general. On any of the online examples; let alone what I have here.

I know the serial numbers are high(ish)... I do know bits and pieces of the paper collection hobby, but as for the rest, I'm rather confused and am looking for insight.

Thanks,

A confused coin guy. Ha-ha

verdigris

Re: 1954 $2 and 1967 $1... Looking for help.

Post by verdigris » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:23 am

In regards to the Queen's short-lived original hairstyle, a side-by-side with the new is quite striking actually. I hope this helps you, and anyone else that may be satanically challenged, see into the dark side :twisted:

:D
Cheers

CDNMace

Post by CDNMace » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:28 am

verdigris wrote:In regards to the Queen's short-lived original hairstyle, a side-by-side with the new is quite striking actually. I hope this helps you, and anyone else that may be satanically challenged, see into the dark side :twisted:

:D
Cheers

Thank you for the side-by-side. 'Satanically challenged'... coffee through nose. No joke. That. was. hilarious!!

Thanks again.

Shylo

Post by Shylo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:36 pm

I don't have my Charlton on hand with me as I write this reply.. but..

The $1 is from 1967 and the prefix L/O is not jumping out at me.. given I can see a pretty hard crease in the centre I would put it at FV at best

The $2 is a modified '54.... if you look in the Charlton they may not make a specific reference to C/G but talk about a full run of prefixes like C/A - C/M ... and give a value for anything in that range..

That note looks like it has some pretty bad corner folds (dog ears) and also looks like it holds pretty "limp"

I would place that as a "spender" as well... or face value (FV)