1964 Off-Centre.

CDNMace

1964 Off-Centre.

Post by CDNMace » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Got this for a buck today... in the States.

Actually, purchased a BUNCH of things today. For less than a poutine. (Will be posting in general coin question area about the Victoria & George V haul that came with this). 'Merica!

Any premium for these off-centres back 'at home'?

Shylo

Re: 1964 Off-Centre.

Post by Shylo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:09 pm

I'm not sure what the premium would be.. but if you're interested in selling I would buy one off of you... send me a PM with your asking price

CDNMace

Post by CDNMace » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Shylo wrote:I'm not sure what the premium would be.. but if you're interested in selling I would buy one off of you... send me a PM with your asking price

It will be taking a few week 'holiday' with the good folks over at NGC. :D

henrysmedford

Post by henrysmedford » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:41 pm

CDNMace wrote:
Shylo wrote:I'm not sure what the premium would be.. but if you're interested in selling I would buy one off of you... send me a PM with your asking price

It will be taking a few week 'holiday' with the good folks over at NGC. :D

My son found this US cent and had it graded for fun but have been told that the grading cost more than the coin is worth.

verdigris

Post by verdigris » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi Henry,
The boys at PCGS are perhaps somewhat mathematically challenged. I could tell it wasn't quite as off-centre as they claim just by looking at this cent.
:Rechercher: I calculate 82% give or take a point.

Nice error coins--the both of you. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:08 am

Why do you want to waste money with a Third Party Grader when you can see what you have? You are not interested in any grade that they will assign .. only that it's off-center. Unless a coin is worth $100 or so (and I mean what you can actually SELL it for, not what a book says), then it's not worth it getting certified .. for errors and varieties, you are looking at over $50 to get it certified and mailed back and forth. Your coin is not worth $100 and may not be worth $50. Keep it and enjoy it like it is ... any error collector will buy it uncertified for the full price.
Bill in Burl

henrysmedford

Post by henrysmedford » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:36 am

Bill in Burl wrote:Why do you want to waste money with a Third Party Grader when you can see what you have? You are not interested in any grade that they will assign .. only that it's off-center. Unless a coin is worth $100 or so (and I mean what you can actually SELL it for, not what a book says), then it's not worth it getting certified .. for errors and varieties, you are looking at over $50 to get it certified and mailed back and forth. Your coin is not worth $100 and may not be worth $50. Keep it and enjoy it like it is ... any error collector will buy it uncertified for the full price.

As to us a member over a realcent.org let my son Franklin who has autism pick out three coins to send out for free and that was one of them. The other was a thin planchet cent http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14744&hilit=+error and the third came back as a MS68 2012 cent. So one of his picks was a winner.http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/511244/68?redir=t

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:02 am

My questioning the TPG was for the original poster, not you Henry. I am aware of your son and his collecting. For you, anything that you want to do is fine, because you are enlightening a new and enthusiastic collector. Sending coins into a TPG with only give you another opinion as to the grade (if possible) and whether it is genuine or not. The off-center Canadian cent needs neither
Bill in Burl

CDNMace

Post by CDNMace » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:38 pm

Bill in Burl wrote:Why do you want to waste money with a Third Party Grader when you can see what you have? You are not interested in any grade that they will assign .. only that it's off-center. Unless a coin is worth $100 or so (and I mean what you can actually SELL it for, not what a book says), then it's not worth it getting certified .. for errors and varieties, you are looking at over $50 to get it certified and mailed back and forth. Your coin is not worth $100 and may not be worth $50. Keep it and enjoy it like it is ... any error collector will buy it uncertified for the full price.

Exceptional point, Bill. Cheers.

vaga

Post by vaga » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:17 pm

don't waste your money unless your coin is in high demand its not worth it