Found an unidentified Canadian Confederation (1867-1967) Token

General discussions about canadian tokens and medals.
Solister

Found an unidentified Canadian Confederation (1867-1967) Token

Post by Solister » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:58 am

So, hi all guys! I'm Solister and I found this little coin in the stuff of my (now dead) grandma:

I actually found this in like 3 years ago, until I lost it on my old sofa, and recovered it this weekend. I'm Brazilian, and don't have many ideas on why this came into my family stuff. From as I know, I don't have any Canadian ascendant, neither someone have traveled there.

What intrigues me is that I don't have found any image of this, neither some information about it on the web, so I think it's very important to search for some help. I also can't say for sure if this is fake or not. I don't believe it is because uses a very good material, however it have some unevenness on the edge which are kinda doubtful. About the hole on the top, I think someone in the past thought on use it as a necklace and made it, looking it's not a perfect circle and in the other side, it takes those edge details.

So that's all, I'm not looking forward to see anyone here who have this same token, but I kinda only want to know if it's veridical, what more it can tells and if it have a valuable price (But not thinking on sell, though).

coinguy

Re: Found an unidentified Canadian Confederation (1867-1967) Token

Post by coinguy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:11 pm

It wasn't produced by the RCM so it must be one of the dozens of aftermarket
tokens and medallions produced that year. Unless it is solid silver, it wouldn't
have much value. Is there anything on the other side?

Solister

Re: Found an unidentified Canadian Confederation (1867-1967) Token

Post by Solister » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:42 pm

coinguy wrote:It wasn't produced by the RCM so it must be one of the dozens of aftermarket
tokens and medallions produced that year. Unless it is solid silver, it wouldn't
have much value. Is there anything on the other side?

I guess it's solid silver as once my dad made a test trying to cut part of the edge and failed. The other side is exactly the same as the shown above except of the notes I said (Decentralized and the hole). Aside this, it would only be valuable by its silver, or there's something more?