Canadian ? Dairy or Milk Token

General discussions about canadian tokens and medals.
BUNSBUNS

Canadian ? Dairy or Milk Token

Post by BUNSBUNS » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:41 am

I recently bought a token possibly from your country in U K. I would like members to identify the name of the issuer and give me a catalogue reference from the following details, viz: GUISE'S PURE MILK. in centre 3 and a half exp-ressed as 1/2 Quarts / R/. 2D (Two Pence). Metal: Copper Shape: Round. Dia: 26mm Wt: 5g. I have all ready found information surfing the net. viz: 1/. Guise is a French name. 2/. New Zealand has the highest density of the name Guise. 3/. I have tried the (British) Channel Islands but to no avail. 3/. The measure of 3 and a half quarts is peculiar to North America. 4/. The reverse: 2D is in British currency of pounds, shillings and pence. 5/. In 1877, Newfoundland and Labrador ? abandoned British Currency and finally adopted the dollar for their public accounts. 6/. The token could be a fantasy piece made especially for collectors. 7/. Again I have tried Scotland but to no avail. The above information could lead along a false trail and just be a shot in the dark. Thanking you.

momomomo

Re: Canadian ? Dairy or Milk Token

Post by momomomo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:12 pm

Never heard of it :Lecture: