1965 CDN Cent ...Large Bead & Small

Dave B

1965 CDN Cent ...Large Bead & Small

Post by Dave B » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:09 pm

I have quite a number of Small Bead, Pointed 5's that I just finished photographing...I remember as a kid I think I got these coins in a cello sealed wrap in a bag of chips or such like in 1965...I ate a bunch of chips it seems! All of these 1965's are Pointed 5's and I have two Large Beads Pointed 5's and all are RED's. My question is should I remove the cello sealed wrap (which I did for a few of them) and put them in flips (gloves on) or leave them in the cello wraps and mount the lot in the flip. Now if I can remember how to send a photo I do this..

Bond632

Re: 1965 CDN Cent ...Large Bead & Small

Post by Bond632 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:16 pm

I would keep them in the original cellophane wrap, they are all red because it kept the air out. If you plan on putting them into flips and are using the staple kind, be careful not to puncture the cellophane doing so.

Why do you want to put them in flips? It seems that they have survived just fine so far, I would keep them as is.

Dave B

Re: 1965 CDN Cent ...Large Bead & Small

Post by Dave B » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:59 pm

Thanks Bond...I was careful not to staple the cellophane when I put them in the flips...The other thing I discovered is that I don't have as many pointed 5's as I first thought...even though I was using a loop. I have a quite a few more to mount in flips..The reason for using the flips is that I catalog the year, and what I "think" might be a reasonable grading...(I'm usually wrong) on the flip and indicated if I've photographed the coin. Storage is another issue and reason I use flips... ...but really I will have a second or third opinion and remount the coin if I get a professional confirmation on the grade at some point.