3 posts • Page 1 of 1
This 1979 one cent has the top finish coming off. Makes one want to peel it off. Are there errors on this coin? Yes I am learning about coins etc. Any help will be great.
- 20221126_164732.jpg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 759 times
- 20221126_164803.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 759 times
- 20221126_164740.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 759 times
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:45 am
- Location: The place everyone loves to hate.
That coin looks like it was lacquered which was quite common to do back in the day. It’s now wearing off. You can dip it in pure acetone to loosen the grime. Then again, it’s so damaged it will never be worth anything more than face value. The mintage numbers for that date were quite high.