2021 Bluenose Box, collecting thoughts

Enyaw

2021 Bluenose Box, collecting thoughts

Post by Enyaw » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:07 am

Last year I ordered some boxes of dimes from my bank and to my surprise I received 2 sealed boxes of 2021 Bluenose mixed rolls (colour and non-colour). One box I opened and searched and found a struck through grease progression that I posted on this site. Since it was the first time in Canadian history that the RCM produced a coloured dime and the first time it has been redesigned since 1937 I was planning on keeping the other box sealed and adding it to my collection.
However, since there were 6 million coloured versions and 9 million uncoloured versions produced I would like to get opinions from other collectors if this makes sense ($$ cents) to hold onto for the long term.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 3659 times

Gerryinthe6ix

Re: 2021 Bluenose Box, collecting thoughts

Post by Gerryinthe6ix » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:44 pm

These coins will be like the 1949 dollar. Many available in high grades. Look through them and keep a couple of rolls and dispose of the rest. There are some varieties coming to light. The icebergs (looks like ice one the ship and sails), there’s the progression of date with various chips then the missing “C” in cents.