2021 50 Cent Anniversary Rolls availability?

General discussions about canadian coins.
dans40

2021 50 Cent Anniversary Rolls availability?

Post by dans40 » Sun May 30, 2021 6:10 pm

I'm looking for a roll of the 2021 50 Cent Anniversary rolls with King George VI on the obverse, and the Mint is sold out, and other sites that do have them charge an arm and a leg for them. I can see spending $24.95 on them (retail, as is quoted on Mint.ca) but if someone is charging double that, I'm going to say forget it.

I didn't jump when they were released, because I didn't know. I stopped maintaining my collection for quite awhile and when I got started back in it, I discovered them but by then it was too late to get a roll. I know only 10,000 rolls were minted, and I might just be plain out of luck and have to pay through the nose.

If anyone has one to sell me at a reasonable price, please talk to me.

Thanks,
Dan

Dartviking

Re: 2021 50 Cent Anniversary Rolls availability?

Post by Dartviking » Mon May 31, 2021 11:36 am

They sold out before the public could even order any and most coin stores and post offices are sold out as well. The only place I was able to get singles and a roll was on Facebook in some of the coin groups there. Those are getting few and far between now also. I have seen these rolls being offered up for sale up to $100, but think that is the hype and you should be able to land one for a decent price again soon.