1996 rotated queen

Mrcoin

1996 rotated queen

Post by Mrcoin » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:19 am

Hello i have a 1996 toonie that i pick up a month ago, it appears to have the center with the queen rotated from the position from the date at the bottom of the coin.

Bill in Burl

Re: 1996 rotated queen

Post by Bill in Burl » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:38 am

Can you post a photo of it? I'm not sure what you mean. Is the Obverse rotated with respect to the Reverse? If you are talking about the queen in the insert not being directly above the date, then it's possible with post-mint damage. The center section can be moved independently with the outside nickel section by either heating the outside section or rapidly cooling the Queen section or both. It's possible and there are many posts here that have the Queen Obverse side swapped so that it's on the reverse side. People think that they have a rarity, but it's just someone playing games.
Bill in Burl

Mrcoin

Post by Mrcoin » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:59 pm

Bill in Burl wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:38 am
Can you post a photo of it? I'm not sure what you mean. Is the Obverse rotated with respect to the Reverse? If you are talking about the queen in the insert not being directly above the date, then it's possible with post-mint damage. The center section can be moved independently with the outside nickel section by either heating the outside section or rapidly cooling the Queen section or both. It's possible and there are many posts here that have the Queen Obverse side swapped so that it's on the reverse side. People think that they have a rarity, but it's just someone playing games.
thanks for reply, have photo on computer but have trouble trying to a photo here

Mrcoin

Post by Mrcoin » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:12 pm

how do you post a photo of a coin i have save on the computer i can't see any thing on this site to try and submit on this site. this toonie and other coins like a 2012 penny with extra metal under the first two in that coin.