BCS vs CCCS vs PMG vs PCGS

Post your pictures here if you want grades opinions.
rkp21

BCS vs CCCS vs PMG vs PCGS

Post by rkp21 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:03 am

hi,

i have quite a few raw bills and want to get it certified. I have read various online articles and have had many people recommending different TPG, but can u guys give me an expert advice where shall i send my bills for grading ? or in short which TPG does a better job than others ? and which TPG do people in general trust the most and would blindly buy any bill graded by them without any hesitation?

the TPG that i have short listed is BCS, CCCS , PMG and PCGS. just to let u guys know that i would be grading Canadian bills, a few from 1937 and 1954 to start from.

thanks

Jim J

Re: BCS vs CCCS vs PMG vs PCGS

Post by Jim J » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:24 am

If you live in Canada I would use the Canadian grading Companies I think they would be cheaper.

I use PCGS True View hard slabs for coins it costs around $75.00 - $100.00 each with shipping both ways depending on how many coins a person sends in at a time.

It would be cheaper for me to use CCCS hard slab but PCGS has a better reputation and rating in coins.

troubadour

Post by troubadour » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:40 am

bcs: most accurate grades
pmg: most known
cccs: lowest prices/canadian company
pcgs: major changes recently
lcg: overgrading
ccgs: almost unknown

grading UNC banknotes is a difficult task. i saw the same banknotes graded twice by the same company in a few years and the grades went up by 3 points on the grading scale

rkp21

Post by rkp21 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:18 am

thanks a lot Jim and troubadour for your replies ..... i think i will go ahead with cccs or bcs as i live in canada and the checked out the prices for grading and both have almost the same price .... hence either of the two works fine for me.