No idea of value

General discussions about canadian banknnotes.
bredorb

No idea of value

Post by bredorb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:04 pm

Hi

Looking for an idea of the value for these 1973 dollar bills.
Some have never been folded and some have gentle radius folds.
Serial numbers are all asterisk
*AN-----14 - *AN-----18 (6 consecutive numbers)
*AN-----28 - *AN-----32 (5 consecutive numbers)
The serial numbers for both batches are the same and just missing the numbers 17 to 27 between the consecutive numbers.

I have them stored in a safety deposit box at the bank. Not sure if that is a good climate for storing paper bills. Haha but it is a bank so it should be.

Please provide your expertise on these.

Thanks

coinguy

Re: No idea of value

Post by coinguy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:04 pm

Condition plays a big part in their value so without pictures I would say anywhere between $10-25.00 each.
Consecutive numbers in modern notes would not have any part in the value.

bredorb

Post by bredorb » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:51 am

Thanks coinguy. Will have to give it more time I guess. Disappointed on consecutive numbers. They replaced bills and thought what are the odds of 6 in a row needing replacement and another 5 a few numbers away the same. I would say these bills would be at the upper end for half and the other half about $18. Thanks again

Nota_phil

Post by Nota_phil » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:51 am

Condition plays a big part in their value so without pictures I would say anywhere between $10-25.00 each.
Consecutive numbers in modern notes would not have any part in the value.
+1
Coinguy pretty much sums it up.

*AN was one of the most common replacements (1.5M released) & many were caught in runs like you have so consecutive # are almost as common as singles. You would be better off to sell them as singles than in runs (or break them up in 2, 3 sets) according to condition.

SDB's in banks have varying degrees of humidity so you're taking your chances with your choice of storage. At least add a desiccant package to the box & keep notes in mylar currency sleeves (if you wish to keep them in best shape).
Join the journey: check out Notaphilyc Culture:
https://sites.google.com/view/notaphily ... -banknotes