Bullion Catalogue???

General discussions about conservation and classification.
CaptainAdrian

Bullion Catalogue???

Post by CaptainAdrian » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:40 am

TL;DR - Looking for a full catalogue like coinsandcanada.com, except for RCM bullion...

I'm a new member and this is my first post. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out!

I am by no means a hardcore coin collector, but I have been collecting since I was a little kid. A few years ago I started buying bullion. I liked the idea of investing my money while being able to have the joy of collecting something. I am the kind of collector who likes to complete "sets". For example, I am working on getting a 1oz Silver Maple Leaf from each year since the mint came out with them (1989).

The RCM has come out with a number of different series of bullion coins over the years (wild life, birds of prey, predetors, etc.). I have enjoyed tracking some of these down and adding to my collection, but the hardest part is learning all the different bullion coins that have been minted over the years. There are plenty of great websites for coins, such as this one, that have catalogued EVERY single coin and variations of every coin that have been minted, and it is a fantastic resource! Unfortunately, no matter how hard I look, I can't find the same type of catalogue for Bullion coins. I would love to see what the RCM has minted in terms of their different bullion coins. Even beyond the 1oz coins, there are numerous different designs and series that I would like to learn about and possibly collect, but I have no way of discovering what is out there.

If anybody knows about a resource that has catalogued the RCM bullion, I would greatly apprecaite you sharing that info.

Thanks so much!
- Adrian

troubadour

Re: Bullion Catalogue???

Post by troubadour » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:18 am

Charlton publish a book on that every year. Maple Leaf and Collectors Issues.

Bill in Burl

Re: Bullion Catalogue???

Post by Bill in Burl » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:45 pm

Most people refer to the annual Charlton Coin guide when it's mentioned. However, that is Vol1 for the year. Vol 2 covers all the noncirculating coinage. Most bookstores will carry it, but Charlton and Ebay have many
Bill in Burl