Where are the posts?

Discuss about everything else here.
Bill in Burl

Where are the posts?

Post by Bill in Burl » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:43 pm

With everyone essentially stuck at home, I'm surprised that there aren't more folks sitting on their computer and passing a little info or questions about coins that they didn't have time to before.
Bill in Burl

GBELEC

Re: Where are the posts?

Post by GBELEC » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:11 pm

Your right" Bill in Burl" I wish i had more input to this site but i dont trust myself to give anyone info on coin or currency colllecting. Listening to TV reports on the economy of the world i would think it might be difficult times for a lot of people to invest in coins, in fact i would not be surprised if some are not pushed into selling off some stuff to make ends meet. I would ask that anyone out there not take advantage of anyone on hard times , some are truly going to need as much return on their sales as they can get.
I dont have much input but i check this site daily and read everything that is posted, Thanks Keep it coming.

JNOD

Post by JNOD » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:30 pm

I'm *very* fortunate in that my job is stable and, as I'm not blowing nearly as much money on other things, I've been scouring ebay and other sites for new acquisitions. Have recently purchased an 1873 Newfound 5 cent in F-12. This completes that year of 5 cents for me - which was a tough one as they are some rare coins. So, pleased about that.

Techmoe

Post by Techmoe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:49 pm

Totally get what you are both saying. It's a difficult time and going to be this way for a while. I don't want to take away from from the hardships we're all facing but we need to make sure that we continue to stay mentally strong, with almost everything shut down there's only so much we have in our control. We need to communicate about what we are passionate about, lets keep the mind going cause you know what they say about idle mind.

We should all have time, adding to what Bill mentioned about questions, lets open up to:
- sharing pics of some of you coins/bills in your collection (rare, cool, different...)
- story about a good buy
- story about how you got something
- story about how you inherited something
......whatever else

Hope we can get some replies, even from those who don't normally post :wink:

Attached a pic of one that means a lot to mean, matching set of 1oz silver medallions of the 1992 MLB playoffs
IMG_4556.jpg
IMG_4556.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 14050 times
Cheers
Moe

acr

Post by acr » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:47 pm

Hello,
I have been on this site for years, but this is my first day posting. Bill, I've read your posts with interest and will soon post some items with pics in the tokens area.
But I have been squirreled away sorting, grading and classifying my collection since Covid hit, and have benefited greatly from posts on this site. Thank you all for your insights.
I truly hope that Canadians continue to isolate themselves for everyone's protection. I also echo the sentiment that now is not the time to take advantage of people, as hardship may be motivating many to sell their cherished items.
To all....take care

Dave B

Post by Dave B » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Bill from Burl...
I'm so happy I found this site ... I'm definitely a newbie on this site but not a newbie collecting. Having never joined a coin club or even contemplated reducing my collection until lately. I can readily see that I'm light years behind some of the knowledge some of the contributors have already offered me and to others in terms of clarification of their collections. I am struggling with this site a little as I'm an old guy and sites like this one baffle me at times. I agree with some of the comments below i.e. not to take advantage of those who are being weakened by the ramifications of C-19. Luckily I'm not among those folk as many years of retirement and the stock market has kept me somewhat isolated. I'm wondering if their is a tutorial on how to use this site. I have by discovery figured some of this site out but still am struggling. I expect there is some area on the site that I've missed. It's so darn complete in every way but navigating newbies so they don't drop in 4 images instead of one or can't figure out why the file is too large one moment and some time later the file appears. I guess I just like to get thing right sooner than it really takes..I will try to review the site once a day if my grandkids will let me..until later Dave B from Dundas

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:59 pm

You are close enough to be a neighbor. You are also close enough to join the Hamilton Coin Society, but we haven't had any meetings since the Covid started.

It takes a while to learn to hunt and peck around this site. I use very few of the forums, but DO refer to the price section , but not for the prices. I just get an idea of errors and varieties that may be around for certain dates. Their prices are way too generous .. don't believe them. The section on Ebay porices realized is also handy. B
Bill in Burl

Dave B

Post by Dave B » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks for the reply Bill from Burl.