OK people, let's start promoting this website

Questions and suggestions about Coinsandcanada.com.
Bill in Burl

Re: OK people, let's start promoting this website

Post by Bill in Burl » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:18 pm

Yes, I've noticed that fewer and fewer folks post any more. It's nice to answer questions from the newbies, but that runs to a little boring after a while. I enjoy making comments, but maybe people are just getting tired of using computers any more. I just wish that people would learn to live without a cell phone and re-use desktops, because I think that this is one of the main factors that reduces coin site participation. A photo of a coin on a 3 X 4" screen isn't conductive to lengthy discussion.
Bill in Burl

troubadour

Post by troubadour » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:17 am

The onset of summer tends to mark a decline in Web traffic as consumers spend less time at their desktops and more time on vacation and leisure.

Sammeli

Post by Sammeli » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:16 am

I think I would post on this site but I can’t stand the ads that pop up every time I use it. Very hard to use on my mobile phone

Nota_phil

Post by Nota_phil » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:16 am

The onset of summer tends to...
-True! Activity always drops during good weather.
I just wish that people would learn to live without a cell phone and re-use desktops, because I think that this is one of the main factors that reduces coin site participation. A photo of a coin on a 3 X 4" screen isn't conductive to lengthy discussion.
-I think more experienced collectors must generate healthy discussions around the hobby (there's got to be more to discuss than just ID a coin or what its worth). What about shows (which will start up soon)? What about new discoveries, variations, scams, or articles on Coinweek, etc?
Sammeli wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:16 am
I think I would post on this site but I can’t stand the ads that pop up every time I use it. Very hard to use on my mobile phone
-the transition to phones has really hit forums/Discussion boards hard. I use my MacBook & have seen no ads so its much easier to navigate. (Rarely use my phone to peruse the sites)

Anyway, I continue to try to spread the word about this site (C&C) to others & hope things will pick up. I've seen forums slow down all over the net (before the pandemic). The pandemic gave the hobby a bit of a boost but now things are returning to normal- well, it worries me TBH
Join the journey: check out Notaphilyc Culture:
https://sites.google.com/view/notaphily ... -banknotes

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:17 pm

I also have never seen any ad, ever, to pop up on here, but I use a desktop with Windows. I think that ads are just payback for using a cellphone. I have never owned one or even know how to operate one, but my wife is always on hers talking to people, not for the internet.
Bill in Burl

Nota_phil

Post by Nota_phil » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:09 pm

I also have never seen any ad, ever, to pop up on here, but I use a desktop with Windows. I think that ads are just payback for using a cellphone.
-Most sites have expenses to cover so the ads will help with those.

I saw a post complaining about ads on US based The Paper Money Forum & I had no idea what the member was referring to.
https://www.papermoneyforum.com/latest
Then I installed their app, tried it on the phone, & yeah, saw several ads in between posts. So, yes, it can be distracting (if you only have access from your phone). Best to browse from the desk/laptop IMO.
Join the journey: check out Notaphilyc Culture:
https://sites.google.com/view/notaphily ... -banknotes

CanuckCoinGirl

Post by CanuckCoinGirl » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:07 pm

The ads will pop up if you are on a while, but a small price to deal with for a free site for users. They would, however, make me lose my mind if I was using my phone, I am sure!

GBELEC

Post by GBELEC » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:33 pm

I look at this site on my home computer only, I would like to check on things at times on my phone but it is useless.
ads block out everything. Not that its a big deal for me but I can see younger people that seem to use their phone for everything might get upset.