Recently inherited coin collection

Post here if you want to sell, buy and/or trade.
Carmelareid

Recently inherited coin collection

Post by Carmelareid » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:02 pm

I have acquired a coin collection from my great uncle last year. I was planning on keeping it so I looked into and researched some of them and I believe I have quite a few valuable ones. Due to bieng out of work since covid I am now looking to sell the collection as a whole. I want to get it’s worth, but also just need the cash soon so will barter. Anyone interested that is fair and honest willing to deal with me? Thanks

Bill in Burl

Re: Recently inherited coin collection

Post by Bill in Burl » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:23 pm

What kind of coins? Approx age? Any silver? What countries? How much weight? Your area?
Bill in Burl

coinguy

Post by coinguy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:38 pm

Yes, please more information. Most collectors specialize in certain coins so we need to
know what you are selling.

Carmelareid

Post by Carmelareid » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:34 pm

There are a variety but the ones Im pretty confident are of value is a mint proof 1963 us penny, a 1930 farthing, several Buffalo nickel that I cannot determine the worth exactly on these. 1921 Czech 20 h, 1944 6 pence, 1919 half penny,1856 5 centimes Luxembourg. There are honestly so many and they are not very organized and not knowing much about them is time consuming even trying to figure out what they are. It would be easier if I could take pictures and show them all that way but I don’t know how or where to do that

dbcoins

Post by dbcoins » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:08 am

This is a very daunting task when you are talking large volume of World coins. I suggest you contact any coin dealers in your area & seek their expertise. Check to see if there are any coin clubs in your area that can offer help. Before you do any of that, organise the collection the best you can by Country & denomination. Be sure to handle with care in case you do have some hidden jewels. Trying to do this online will be extremely difficult & massively time consuming.
Good luck

Bill in Burl

Post by Bill in Burl » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:18 am

From the few that you have listed, there's not much money there. The 1963 proof penny has sold on Ebay in the last month between $2 and $5 and the farthing about the same. The 1930 farthings are mostly sold in lots of 15-50 for less than $4 apiece. As dbcoins stated, see if you can find a dealer in your area that might be interested, but I wouldn't put a lot of confidence that a dealer would be interested. If something is selling for $4, you'd be lucky to get $2 from a dealer. Try kijiji or facebook as well.
Bill in Burl

Carmelareid

Post by Carmelareid » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:47 pm

I am unsure how u go about organizing them where can I find the plastic sheets that u put the coins in? I also have a very unusual piece that I can’t find any info on. It is a rectangular thin slab of gold or plated gold that says Parsons&C. Assayers Col. 1850 twenty fold. The other side says carat 16 1/2 DWT
25 6/10. Any clue what this is? Thank you for your help

john1000

Post by john1000 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:57 pm

The Parson piece if real is worth a wack of money like well over 10000.00 you need to get the the piece XRF at a large coin store that has such a device, but there are recent restrikes of this item sold as souvenirs