2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I can use some help on this 1988 large cent I recently purchased. The one is doubled in the date also the last to 8's are also doubled. Its hard to tell by the photos. How would I classified it? I graded EX fine but really don't know. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
- EBY 001.JPG (120.46 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
- EBY 002.JPG (121.74 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
- EBY 003.JPG (64.9 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
- EBY 008.JPG (60.94 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
- EBY 011.JPG (52.67 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
There are many 188 repunches with 1, 2, 3, or all 4 repunched with nice offsets. The second 8 is always doubled because it came off the matrix.. There is a small premium for those with other digits R/P'd ... the best being the middle 8 corrected lower left with the bead punch, probably to stop a D/C.
Bill in Burl