General discussions about canadian tokens and medals.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hello all, I picked up this 1840 Nova Scotia Bank 1 Penny that seems to have been fed into some sort of "reeding" machine ? Note how the rim edge is split evenly with reeding ridges at the bottom of the "channel". The coins doesn't look damaged otherwise and the rim is smooth and even it seems. Any ideas about this and has anyone else seen this on a coin before ? Thanks for your thoughts. Bill (Radius88)
- 500G 1840.jpg (355.12 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
- 500F 1840.jpg (338.64 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
- 500E 1840.jpg (312.06 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
- 500A 1840.jpg (337.34 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
- 500B 1840.jpg (333.78 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
Hello again, Radius88 here. Feel embarrassed, as I now see where the edge of the 1840 is listed as "engraved". Asked too soon. but thanks.