Copper Coin Valuation

General discussions about canadian coins.
DarkSki

Copper Coin Valuation

Post by DarkSki » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:44 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to purchase and grade Copper Coins, specifically those that would come back with UNC grade with a Red designation.

Currently the site here doesn't have any separate price listings for any Red Coppers of any sort which doesn't help.

Is there a way to get pricing up for red coins?

I see tons of brown large cents get ms 63 and that doesn't seem right on a valuation standpoint.

My Red designation large cents are getting MS 62 tops but with a Red designation so now I can't resell them because they are so nice and red I couldn't part with them for standard MS62 costs or it would be a waste.

Any advice on pricing for red coins?, I dont bother with RB those are nothing compared to full red coins with lustre.

Bill in Burl

Re: Copper Coin Valuation

Post by Bill in Burl » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:01 pm

Go to Ebay "sold" coins. Just put in the search function the dates that you are looking for, and then go to "advanced" on the upper right and look for "sold" coins for your search. There's usually good photos and most are certified once above 62 or so.
Bill in Burl

TBH

Post by TBH » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:01 pm

I agree eBay "sold" listings are the most realistic prices.

Which company is grading them as MS62 Red ?

You obviously don't have a copy of CCN Trends.
It's all there.
How do you value your coins without the most basic and popular resources?
Seriously, I'm curious.

DarkSki

Post by DarkSki » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:27 pm

I have 4 Large Cents that came back from CCCS as MS60 red and they look great to me with lustre and its just rather tough to want to sell such nice looking coins for drab brown prices.

The only book I have is the Charlton Coin Guide and it doesn't mention pricing differences between Brown and Red either.

Using eBay sold listings sounds good in theory however my buyers keep referencing this site for pricing these which keeps them all here unsold.

Lightw4re
Site Admin

Post by Lightw4re » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:58 am

Thank you for the suggestion.

It is on the "to-do-list" for a while and will eventually be added.